Langkawi, Malaysia, 27 – 29 January 2014
Sheraton Hotel, Langkawi, Malaysia
View ISMS2014 papers in the IJSSST Digital Library, use Internet Explorer only to access full papers files
Submission: see above
Starts: see above
Final Upload into EDAS for checking &
10 December 2013
Credit Card on EDAS
to CPS server & copyright form:
see email from EDAS
Prof Zaliman Sauli, UniMaP
Dr Athanasios Pantelous
University of Liverpool
Dr Adam Brentnall, Queen Mary, London University
Dr Alessandra Orsoni
Zulkarnay Zakaria, UniMaP
Prof Zuwairie Ibrahim, UMP
Dr Pichaya Tandaya, PSU
Prof Borhanuddin Mohd Bin Ali, UPM
Prof Mahamod Ismail UKM
Prof Philip Sallis, AUT
Prof Rosni Abdullah, USM
Prof Paulus Rihardjo, UNPAR
Prof Rosalam Sarbatly, UMS
DEADLINE 25 December 2013 (EDAS stays open for few more days after this for late papers).
Use template below to format your paper:
Then submit it through EDAS: http://edas.info (kindly ignore all pdf formatting error messages from EDAS, our editors will check it and tell you exactly how to repair it, no need to repeatedly re-upload your paper to EDAS)
Conference Venue is: Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort, Langkawi, Malaysia, rooms are limited, email Ms Azila Marzuki at email@example.com
Room rates, inc breakfast, Net:
Single occupancy: RM380
Double occupancy: RM190 each person
Triple occupancy: RM177 each person
Presenters/Session chairs & their duties
Papers are invited on any aspect of intelligent systems, modelling and simulation to be presented at ISMS2014. Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and will be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Computer Society's Digital Library (CSDL) and IEEE Xplore for unparalleled worldwide presence. Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version (up to 20 pages, one extra page minimum on the conference paper and different title) submitted for publication in the International Journal of Simulation: Systems, Science & Technology, IJSSST (http://ijssst.info). The event provides authors with an outstanding opportunity for networking and presenting their work at a top quality international conference.
ISMS2014 will be held over 3 day period in Langkawi, Malaysia.
- Intelligent Systems
- Hybrid Intelligent Systems
- Soft Computing and Hybrid Soft Computing
- Computational Intelligence
- Systems Intelligence
- Intelligence Systems
- Control of Intelligent Systems
- Control Intelligence
- e-Science and e-Systems
- Robotics, Cybernetics, Engineering, Manufacturing and Control
- Methodologies, Tools and Operations Research
- Bio-informatics and Bio-Medical Simulation
- Discrete Event and Real Time Systems
- Image, Speech and Signal Processing
- Industry, Business and Management
- Human Factors and Social Issues
- Energy, Power Generation and Distribution
- Transport, Logistics, Harbour, Shipping and Marine Simulation
- Supply Chain Management
- Virtual Reality, Visualization and Computer Games
- Parallel and Distributed Architectures and Systems
- Internet Modelling, Semantic Web and Ontologies
- Mobile/Ad hoc wireless networks, mobicast, sensor placement, target tracking
- Performance Engineering of Computer & Communication Systems
- Circuits, Sensors and Devices
Suggested topics (other topics are also welcome): Simulation methodology and practice, languages, tools and techniques. Models and modelling tools. Data/object bases. Analytical and statistical tools. Simulators and simulation hardware, training simulators. Integration of simulation with concurrent engineering, integrated design and simulation systems. AI, intelligent systems, agent-based simulation, decision support systems, philosophical issues, analogies, metaphors, knowledge modelling, acquisition and synthesis of new knowledge/models, intelligent/adaptive behaviour, man/machine interaction, control systems. Parallel and distributed simulation, discrete event systems. Artificial neural networks, computational intelligence.
Applications: aerospace; remote sensing; electronic circuits and systems; communication and networks; business; management; finance; economics; leisure, games, war/conflict/rebellion modelling; psychology, cognitive functions, behaviour, emotion, subjectivity; humanities, literature, semantics modelling/dynamics; biology; medicine; public health; energy, power generation and distribution, manufacturing; planning; control; robotics; measurement; monitoring; energy; safety critica1 systems; transportation; structural mechanics and civil engineering, oil and gas; education and training; military.
Exhibitors: manufacturers of software and hardware, publishers, etc., are invited to apply to exhibit their products.
ISMS2014 is organised and sponsored by UK Simulation Society/Asia Modelling and Simulation Section, and Technically-Co-Sponsored by IEEE UK & RI Computer Chapter and IEEE R10. Patrons, Promoters and supporters of the conference include: University of Malaysia in Perlis (UniMaP), University of Malaysia in Sabah, University of Malaysia in Pahang, University of Technology Malaysia, Nottingham Trent University, EUROSIM and European Council for Modelling & Simulation.
Submissions must be original, unpublished work containing new and interesting results that demonstrate current research in all areas of intelligent systems, modelling and simulation and their applications in science, technology, business and commerce. Full papers only, 6 pages maximum, are accepted for review.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper.
Paper Submission: ISMS2014 is using EDAS for submission, paper processing and registration, authors need to:
- create an account with EDAS by clicking on the link below
- open the list of conferences managed by EDAS & find ISMS2014
- click on Submit button on the right to enter your paper title & abstract
- upload file.
Abdul Rahman Ramli
Wan Hussain Wan Ishak
Borhanuddin Mohd Ali
Carlos Martin Vide
D K Pra
Emelio Jimenez Macias
Er Meng Joo
Ferda Nur Alpaslan
Ford Lumban Gaol
Lim Kian Sheng
Miguel Angel Piera
Mojca Indihar Stemberger
R K Subramanian
Zulkifli Md Yusof
Registration (all figures in US$) Currency Converter
Student Participant (no paper) or Co-Author (No Pack)
Registration BEFORE deadline of 30 December 2013
Registration AFTER deadline of 30 December 2013
Registration: Only one method of payment is available on EDAS:
Credit Card: payment is accepted online and confirmation is instant.
Here is the procedure:
1. go to EDAS at http://edas.info and click on Register yellow tab at the top, a list of conferences will appear
2. Scroll down to conference name (e.g. ISMS2014) line and click on the extreme right green money symbol at the end of this line, a new page will appear
3. click on the extreme right button (Trolley symbol) after USD $595, a new table will immediately appear under a new line “Registered, but no paid”.
4. Under this table a list of credit card symbols and SWIFT. Click on the credit card symbol.
5. A new page will appear, enter all card details, scroll down to the bottom and click Pay for Registration
6. REMEMBER: NO payment received by the set deadline means your paper will NOT be in the Proceedings.
If you have problems meeting this deadline email
Best wishes and look forward to meeting you at the conference.
IJSSST, Volume 15, No.3
Invited Guest editors: Prof Zaliman Sauli and Dr Zulkarnay Zakaria
103 Papers + 2 keynotes
Session Chairs & Co-Chairs are urgently needed, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP
1. Non Presentation does not affect publication, it only affects inclusion in I-Xplore 10 weeks after the conference.
2. Authors who find it impossible to attend must upload their Powerpoint file to EDAS for review by the committee to approve inclusion in I-Xplore.
3. Authors who state their intention to present but do not show up will not have the proceedings CD sent to them.
4. The program must be accurate to avoid time waste.
Powerpoint upload to EDAS Deadline: Wednesday 22 January, 6pm KL time: Would Presenters upload their Powerpoint files to EDAS to have them ready & minimise switch-over time between presenters
on this day: A9, A11, A24,
D7, D8, F11, F12, J1, R6, R8, S8,
Late entry: S1
Session chairs on standby: Kunal Roy