Use Internet Explorer only, other browsers may not show the site correctly
IEEE Conference Record No: #37188
Seventh International Conference on
Computational Intelligence, Modelling and Simulation
Kuantan, Malaysia, 27 - 29 July 2015
Hyatt Regency Hotel, Kuantan, Malaysia
Continuous as reviews are completed, it Starts on: 1 June 2015
Credit Card on EDAS
to CPS server &
Zuwairie Ibrahim, UMP
Azian Azamimi, UniMaP
Zulkarnay Zakaria, UniMaP
Advisory and Honorary Chairs
Prof Mahamod Ismail UKM
Prof Rrosni Abdullah, USM
Prof Paulus Rihardjo, UNPAR
Prof Rosalam Sarbatly, UMS
DEADLINE: 28 June 2015 (EDAS stays open for few days after this date for late papers)
Use template below to format your paper:
Then submit it through EDAS: http://edas.info
Presenters/Session chairs & their duties
Scheduled Papers and Presenters
CD Label, ISBN etc
ToC, your paper page numbers in the proceedings.
Conference Venue is: Hyatt Regency Hotel, Kuantan, Malaysia, rooms are limited.
Travel in Malaysia: http://www.journeymalaysia.com/bus.htm
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Computational Intelligence
- Neural Networks
- Fuzzy Systems
- Evolutionary Computation
- Autonomous Mental Development
- Adaptive Dynamic Programming and Reinforcement Learning
- Bioinformatics and Bioengineering
- Computational Finance and Economics
- Data Mining
- Games, Virtual Reality and Visualization
- Emergent Technologies
- Intelligent Systems Applications
- Intelligent Systems
- Hybrid Intelligent Systems
- Soft Computing and Hybrid Soft Computing
- Systems Intelligence
- Intelligence Systems
- Control of Intelligent Systems
- Control Intelligence
- e-Science and e-Systems
- Robotics, Cybernetics, Engineering, Manufacturing and Control
- Methodologies, Tools and Operations Research
- Bio-informatics and Bio-Medical Simulation
- Discrete Event and Real Time Systems
- Image, Speech and Signal Processing
- Industry, Business and Management
- Human Factors and Social Issues
- Energy, Power Generation and Distribution
- Transport, Logistics, Harbour, Shipping and Marine Simulation
- Supply Chain Management
- Parallel and Distributed Architectures and Systems
- Internet Modelling, Semantic Web and Ontologies
- Mobile/Ad hoc wireless networks, mobicast, sensor placement, target tracking
- Performance Engineering of Computer & Communication Systems
- Circuits, Sensors and Devices
Papers are invited on any aspect of computational intelligence, modelling and simulation to be presented at CIMSim2015. Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CPS) and later submitted for inclusion in IEEE Computer Society's Digital Library (CSDL) and IEEE Xplore. Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version (up to 20 pages, one extra page minimum on the conference paper and different title) for publication in the International Journal of Simulation: Systems, Science & Technology, IJSSST (http://ijssst.info). The event provides authors with an outstanding opportunity for networking and presenting their work at a top quality international conference.
Applications: aerospace; remote sensing; wireless communication, intelligence and simulation, electronic circuits and systems; communication and networks; management; games, war/conflict/rebellion modelling, cognitive functions, semantics modelling/ dynamics; manufacturing; robotics; measurement; monitoring; safety critica1 systems; military.
Exhibitors: manufacturers of software and hardware, publishers, etc., are invited to apply to exhibit their products.
You are invited
to organize a technical session and/or workshop.
Submissions must be original, unpublished work containing new and interesting results that demonstrate current research in all areas of computational intelligence, focusing on modelling, simulation and applications in science, technology, business and commerce. Proceedings will be published by Conference Publishing Service (CPS). The conference is Technically Co-Sponsored by UK & RI Computer Chapter and organised by UK Simulation Society/Asia Modelling and Simulation Section. Patrons, Promoters and supporters of the conference include: University of Malaysia in Pahang, University of Malaysia in Sabah, University of Malaysia, University of Technology Malaysia, Nottingham Trent University, EUROSIM and European Council for Modelling & Simulation.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper. All papers are to be submitted electronically,- see full instructions under Paper Submission below, in PDF or Word format. All papers will be peer reviewed by at least three independent referees of the international program committee.
Paper Submission: CIMSim2015 is using EDAS for submission and registration, authors need to:
- create an account with EDAS: http://edas.info website
- open the list of conferences managed by EDAS & find CIMSim2015
- click on Submit button on the right to enter your paper title & abstract
- upload file.
Authors of the best papers will be invited to revise and extend their work for publication in a special issue of the International Journal of Simulation: Systems, Science and Technology.
Conference website: http://cimsim2015.info
1. Non-attendance does not affect publication in the CD, it only affects submission to I-Xplore (about 6 to 12 months after the conference).
2. Authors who find it impossible to attend but still wish their paper to be submitted to I-Xplore must upload their Presentation file to EDAS for review by the committee to approve submission to I-Xplore.
3. Authors who confirm their intention to attend and present but do not show up will not have the proceedings CD sent to them nor will their paper be submitted to I-Xplore.
4. The presentation program must be accurate to avoid time waste.
I-Xplore: a paper will not be submitted to I-Xplore if it suffers from one or more of the following problems:
Below average English,
1. Below average English,
2. Excessive number of citations to the authors own work in References,
3. Little interaction with EE and Computing,
4. Not within the conference scope or has not followed Template,
5. Author did not offer Valid reasons for not attending or not submitted the presentation file (for committee review) or both.
IPC and internaitonal reveiwers
Carlos Martin Vide
D K Pra
Emelio Jimenez Macias
Er Meng Joo
Ferda Nur Alpaslan
Ford Lumban Gaol
Huseyin K. Cakmak
Miguel Angel Piera
Mojca Indihar Stemberger
Otavio Noura Teixeira
R K Subramanian
Registration (all figures in US$) Currency Converter
Due to the labour intensive process of handling bank transfers a $50 surcharge applies.
(First author student, 2 authors maximum)
Registration BEFORE deadline of 20 June
IEEE Members: 5% discount is given to author after presentation at conference
Registration AFTER deadline of 20 June
IEEE Members: 5% discount given to author after presentation at conference
Registration: Only one method of payment is available on EDAS:
Credit Card: payment is accepted online and confirmation is instant.
Here is the procedure:
1. go to EDAS at http://edas.info and click on Register yellow tab at the top, a list of conferences will appear
2. Scroll down to conference name (e.g. CIMSim2015) line and click on the extreme right green money symbol at the end of this line, a new page will appear
3. click on the extreme right button (Trolley symbol) after USD $595, a new table will immediately appear under a new line Registered, but no paid.
4. Under this table a list of credit card symbols and SWIFT. Click on the credit card symbol.
5. A new page will appear, enter all card details, scroll down to the bottom and click Pay for Registration
6. REMEMBER: NO payment received by the set deadline means your paper will NOT be in the Proceedings.
If you have problems meeting this deadline email
Best wishes and look forward to meeting you at the conference.
Program at a Glance
Last minute No-show: H1, No Visa. Z1, late funding refusal.
Published Papers By Track, 24 papers
___________ Papers with numbers marked red and pink have been selected for IJSSST
_____ Not-presented papers, marked grey, are automatically excluded from the selection.
If you have paid the fee within the past 24 hours or intend to pay soon (by credit card on EDAS is the only accepted method), do not wait till the final deadline as your paper may need several revisions email the general chair immediately on email@example.com.
On Modelling and Simulation of
Emergent Behaviour in Complex Systems
Dr Yong Meng TEO
Department of Computer Science
National University of Singapore
The study of complex systems represents a new approach to science that investigates how parts of a system and its interactions give rise to the collective behaviours of a system, and how the system interacts and forms relationships with its environment. Complex systems often exhibit emergent behaviour that is not reducible to the behaviour of their individual components . Among the key challenges of complex systems are difficulties with the formal modelling and simulation to advance our understanding of emergent behaviour [3, 4, 5, 6]. This keynote is divided into three parts. Based on how interactions give rise to patterns of behaviour, we propose a computer science perspective of modelling emergent behaviour. Our approach, based on cooperative-array grammar, demonstrates the modelling and simulation of weak emergence in multi-agent systems . Secondly, we discuss how to measure (or quantify) emergence. Using entity interactions as a proxy, we compare three different approaches . Lastly, we discuss the modelling of the emergence of topics in social networks as an example . In conclusion, we highlight current limitations and potentials in the understanding of emergence.
TEO Yong Meng is an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the National University of Singapore (NUS) and an Affiliate Professor at the NUS Business Analytics Centre. He was a Visiting Professor at various institutes in the Chinese Academy of Science, China from 2010-2014. He received his PhD in Computer Science from the University of Manchester. His research interest is on parallel and distributed systems and applications. In the last five years, he focused on the performance of parallel systems, cloud computing, and emergent properties in complex systems. The paper on strategy-proof dynamic pricing of cloud computing resources won the Best Paper Award at the 10th International Conference on Algorithms and Architectures for Parallel Processing in 2010. Another paper, co-authored with his PhD student, on time-based semantic validation won the ACM SIGSIM Best PhD Student Paper Award in 2009. He leads the Computer Systems Research Group. He also served as Advisor (Directors Office) on Large-Scale Computing Systems, Asia-Pacific Science and Technology Centre, Sun Microsystems Inc. from 2007-2008, and External Grant Evaluator, European Research Council (Ideas Specific Program) from 2008-2013. He has received numerous external research grants including European Commission, Fujitsu Computers (Singapore) Pte Ltd, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd (Japan), Sun Microsystems/Oracle (USA), Nvidia, and PSA Corporation (Singapore) among other institutions.
1. L. Birdsey, C. Szabo and Y.M. Teo, Twitter Knows: Understanding the Emergence of Topics in Social Networks, Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, IEEE Computer Society Press, Huntington Beach, California, US, Dec 6-9, 2015.
2. C. Szabo, Y.M. Teo and G.K. Ghengleput, Understanding Complex Systems: Using Interaction as a Measure of Emergence, Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, pp207-218, IEEE Computer Society Press, Savannah, US, Dec 7-10, 2014.
3. Y.M. Teo, B.L. Luong and C. Szabo, Formalization of Emergence in Multi-agent Systems, Proceedings of ACM SIGSIM Conference on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation, pp231-240, Montreal, Canada, May 19-22, 2013. [extended version to appear in ACM Transactions on Modelling and Computer Simulation].
4. C. Szabo and Y.M. Teo, Post-mortem Analysis of Emergent Behaviour in Complex Simulation Models, Proceedings of ACM SIGSIM Conference on Principles of Advanced Discrete Simulation, pp 241-251, Montreal, Canada, May 19-22, 2013.
5. C. Szabo and Y.M. Teo, An Integrated Approach for the Validation of Emergence in Component-based Simulation Models, Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference, pp 1-12, IEEE Computer Society Press, Berlin, Germany, Dec 9-12, 2012.
6. C. Szabo and Y.M. Teo, An Objective-based Approach for Semantic Validation of Emergence in Component-based Simulation Models, Proceedings of 26th ACM/IEEE/SCS Workshop on Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation, pp 155-162, Zhang Jia Jie, China, Jul 15-19, 2012.
Grand City Hotel Kuantan, Kuantan City B92, Ground Floor, Sri Pahang Business Centre, Jalan Beserah, Kuantan 25300 Free Wi-Fi.
Classic Hotel Kuantan, Kuantan City No.7, Bangunan LKNP (Hotel Pahang), Jalan Besar, Kuantan Free Wi-Fi, near to Mahkota Square, Kuantan Parade, Kuantan Medical Centre Sdn Bhd.
The Citilite Hotel Kuantan City A-87, Jalan Teluk Sisek, Kuantan 25000, Free Wi-Fi. near to Gereja Aphipany Anglican, Berjaya Magamall, Kuantan Medical Centre Sdn.
TC Beach Hotel Teluk Cempedak 5-19, Jalan Sim Lin,Telok Cempedak, Kuantan 25050 Free Wi-Fi, near to Kuantan Specialist Hospital, Gereja Aphipany Anglican, Berjaya Magamal.
Exclusive LA Hotel Kuantan City B92-B98, Jalan Dato' Lim Hoe Lek, Kuantan 25200 Free Wi-Fi, near to Stadium Darul Makmur, Pusat Rawatan Keluarga Muip Sdn Bhd, Kompleks Belia dan Sukan Pahang.
UB Inn Budget Hotel Kuantan City No. 11, Tingkat 1, Jalan Bukit Ubi, Kuantan 25200 Free Wi-Fi, near to Kuantan Parade, Mahkota Square, Kompleks Belia dan Sukan Pahang.
Crystal City Hotel Kuantan City A-231, 1st Floor, Kuantan 25300 Free Wi-Fi, near to Kuantan Specialist Hospital, Masjid Saidina Ali, GSC East Coast Mall.